Website & Voting Terms & Conditions
- For Melbourne, voting opens 17/12/19 at 7pm AEDT and closes at 10pm AEDT on 10/03/20.
- For Sydney voting opens 16/1/20 at 7pm AEDT and closes at 10pm AEDT on 25/03/20.
- The “Top 50” will be selected as the songs that come in at #1 to #50 as voted by Reminisce attendees.
- #1 is the song that scores the most points, not the song that has the most amount of people vote for it.
- Songs are scored from 5 points to 1 point by each voter, with their #1 song getting 5 points, #2 getting 4 points, and so on and so forth.
- If users want to vote for a house song that is not on the list, they can add the song during the voting process. The song will then remain in the list for others to choose from.
- In the case that 2 songs receive the same amount of votes, the song with the most amount of #1 votes will win. If those are tied, the tie will be broken with the most amount of #2 votes and so on and so forth.
- Songs that have been released inside the past 5 years (from the event date) are not considered eligible for ‘classic’ status and therefore cannot make the final top 50.
- Songs that are not deemed as house music or have never regularly been played in house music sets are also not eligible. We understand this is a big grey area and is open to interpretation through multiple genres of electronic music. Anything house / disco / trance / electronic that gets played in house sets is eligible but anything like hard style, hard trance, psy trance, rock, heavy metal, country, and these types of genres are not eligible. We take a common sense approach to this term. To this point we’ve never had to remove a song from the top 50.
- Songs that receive votes for the original and remixes may be combined depending on how closely they resemble each other.
- In the case where the original song is a classic but receives a recent remix, the song is still eligible to make the countdown as long as it falls within the overall ‘house’ umbrella described above, due to the original being a classic.
- Reminisce reserves the right to remove songs from the shortlist that do not fit the criteria stated above, are duplicates, spelled incorrectly, incorrectly formatted or incorrect remixes. Reminisce will periodically remove these types of songs from the list throughout the campaign in order to keep the voting list clean. Any songs that are removed due to duplication, incorrect remix, spelling or formatting will have the number of votes that song has already received merged with the existing song in the list, in order to keep the integrity of the final top 50.
- For Melbourne the promotion commences on 17/12/19 at 7pm AEDT and closes at 11pm AEDT on 10/03/20. Entries submitted and received after this time will not be accepted.
- For Sydney the promotion commences on 16/1/20 at 7pm AEDT and closes at 11pm AEDT on 10/03/20. Entries submitted and received after this time will not be accepted.
- Reminisce will endeavour to notify the winners by 12pm 11/03/20
- Winners will be notified via the email address they entered in the form during the voting process.
- Prize cannot be redeemed for cash
- For Melbourne the total prize value is $700. Prize includes 2 x VIP Balcony Tickets, DJ Falcon Meet & Greet, Backstage Access, $300 worth of Food & Beverage at the event.
- For Sydney the total prize value is $596. Prize includes 4 x VIP Tickets.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily view or download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Reminisce Entertainment’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Reminisce Entertainment’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Reminisce Entertainment at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Reminisce Entertainment’s web site are provided “as is”. Reminisce Entertainment makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Reminisce Entertainment does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Reminisce Entertainment or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Reminisce Entertainment’s Internet site, even if Reminisce Entertainment or a Reminisce Entertainment authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
REVISIONS AND ERRATA
The materials appearing on Reminisce Entertainment’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Reminisce Entertainment does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Reminisce Entertainment may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Reminisce Entertainment does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Reminisce Entertainment has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Reminisce Entertainment of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to Reminisce Entertainment’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria without regard to its conflict of law provision.
For full event Terms and Conditions, please see our Event Terms & Conditions Page