Based on the feedback we received from our annual survey we have made some refinements to the voting process, with the goal of ensuring the top 50 accurately reflects the choices of those fans who are truly invested in their votes and the top 50 countdown.
In previous years, some voters have rushed to vote and selected the first 5 songs on the shortlist (or close to it). This year, these votes will be removed from the tally (the voter will still be eligible for the prize though). We will also be mixing things up and the shortlist will be sorted from Z – A this time around, as we notice a lot of artists beginning with A and B make the countdown.
The below guidelines have always been in place as seen in our T&Cs, but we wanted to bring them to light, in order to improve transparency and give a better voting and event experience for all.
- The “Top 50” will be selected as the songs that come in at #1 to #50 as voted by Reminisce attendees.
- #1 is the song that scores the most points, not the song that has the most amount of people vote for it.
- Songs are scored from 5 points to 1 point by each voter, with their #1 song getting 5 points, #2 getting 4 points, and so on and so forth.
- If users want to vote for a house song that is not on the list, they can add the song during the voting process. The song will then remain in the list for others to choose from.
- Songs that are not deemed as house music, have been released in the last few years or have never regularly been played in house / techno / electro / trance sets are not eligible. We understand this is a big grey area and is open to interpretation through multiple genres of electronic music. Anything house / disco / trance / electronic that gets played in house sets is eligible but anything like hard style, hard trance, psy trance, rock, heavy metal, country, and these types of genres are not eligible. We take a common sense approach to this term. To this point we’ve never had to remove a song from the top 50.
- Songs that receive votes for the original and remixes may be combined depending on how closely they resemble each other.
- Reminisce reserves the right to remove songs from the shortlist that do not fit the criteria stated above, are duplicates, spelled incorrectly, incorrectly formatted or incorrect remixes.
- Reminisce will periodically remove these types of songs from the list throughout the campaign in order to keep the voting list clean. Any songs that are removed due to duplication, incorrect remix, spelling or formatting will have the number of votes that song has already received merged with the existing song in the list, in order to keep the integrity of the final top 50.
In the meantime, you can listen to the voting shortlist here